Wednesday 21 February 2007

Beauty in Unexpected Places

I just got back from a lovely spring walk around my little (well actually it's the biggest village in England, maybe even the world) village and it was so so surprising! We've lived here for almost 9 months now and yet there is so much more to it than I realised. The same thing happened in the summer when we decided to go wondering not expecting to find much, when we came across a lovely canal and a very pleasant afternoon it turned out to be! Today we headed towards the other side of the village and found ourselves immersed in many a beautiful, large and very old building, a wonderful church (to marry in maybe?!) and a lots of fields, streams and wildlife. We then headed to the pub for a pint of cider and local chat.


It really made me realise how beautiful so many places are if you just take the effort to go explore. The same thing happened to me when I first moved to Oxford and spent my time just getting the bus to and from work and never making the effort to see beyond that, which really was very foolish because Oxford it such a beautiful city. So from now on I'm going to make a conscious effort to go walk-a-bout whenever I get the chance (and as long as the weather permits!).






As for crafts I gave myself the morning off as it was so sunny and all but I did paint these lovelies last night....

They haven't been fired yet so still very pasty, but I'm really pleased with them I can't wait to see how they look!

1 comment: