Sunday 28 September 2008

Boiling Baths and Beads

There is still no hot water or heating in our house...and probably won't be for another week, which really is truly rubbish! However it does inspire me to be a lot more crafty in the evenings, especially when it comes to making polymer clay items, as I am constantly being asked to by my boy, in order to have the oven on for a while in an attempt to warm the house! Having a bath also warms the house quite well as it takes well over 30 minutes, an electric kettle (bought especially for the purpose) an old fashion whistling kettle and two saucepans all heating up on our gas hob to provide enough hot water! I'm only grateful that we have a gas hob, if it were electric I don't know how we'd survive, it would take twice as long to get half the amount of hot water. There is a plus side to all this, which is that we're not paying rent the whole time we are without a working boiler, which is better than nothing I suppose.
Anyway...this is just some of what I have achieved over the last few chilly nights....


I best be off, hopefully at least, we're going shopping today, that is if I can get the boy out of bed and boil a bath in time.

Happy Sunday xx

No comments:

Post a Comment