Tuesday 17 May 2011

allotment ::

it must be about 6 weeks now I've had my allotment, all in honesty I haven't been there for 2 weeks. This does not bode well. However my Mum has very kindly purchased me an amazing bike, so once that arrives I'm really hoping I will be a better allotmenter.

For the time being I can share with you some of the photos we have of the experience so far ::

allotment ::

allotment ::

allotment ::

allotment ::

allotment ::

allotment ::

allotment ::

allotment ::

So far we've done little else but dig! And there is still a lot of digging to do. Eventually it will be a no dig allotment I hope, but there are quite a few weeds (it could be worse though) so we're digging it this year, but hopefully not again!
The main grass area I will build beds on to rather than dig, but certainly not this year! The main bed area at the back is big enough for now.

So far there is very little planted, we were gifted some raspberry suckers from a neighbouring allotment and there is already some fairly poorly looking rhubarb there. We've sown some chard and beet seeds, but so far that is all!

Tonight I'm taking up some bean, pea and sweet pea plants to put in though!

No comments:

Post a Comment