Wednesday 23 January 2013

Yarn Storage ::

Yesterday I posted about the furniture Argos gave me in order to spruce up my basement/work space.  By far the best piece I received was the Maine Extra Deep Bookcase with Drawers which has become my yarn storage.

Prior to this my yarn was stashed away in chests (yes plural!) which meant every time inspiration struck I would have to rummage around in said chests trying to find something right for the project.  Now however I have all my yarn out on full view right next to my desk, which means I can simply reach over and grab a ball whenever I need it.


The drawers underneath work great for storing swatches in too.  I changed the handles to spruce them a bit, using some insect handles I've had stashed away for ages without a purpose and I made a couple of others using polymer clay.


I really am so pleased with this, having all my yarn on show makes me very happy indeed!

Here is the link for the item I received from Argos ::


1 comment:

  1. I have my yarn all over too, in chests and boxes, I think I may need to invest in one of these units now, lol :)

    ReplyDelete