Thursday 15 January 2015

Magic Yarn Ball Swap 2014 ::

So as you may have been aware, last year I hosted a Magic Yarn Ball swap. I loved putting together the ball for my partner, I'm always amazed by how much you can hide within a little ball of yarn! But I won't post much about that, just incase Alessandra hasn't worked her way though it all yet.


 However my ball from her arrived the day before we headed away for our Christmas break, creating a perfect excuse to cast on something new especially for the holidays! I decided on Martina Behm's Brickless shawl, because I've knit it before and therefore have the pattern pretty well committed to memory, so no massive brain power required and I could just knit on until I ran out of yarn.


I cast on, on the train as we set off on our adventures and I finished about a week ago. The yarn itself is gorgeous, it's malabrigo Arroyo in the Lotus colourway which looks like mermaid tales in my eyes! But the gifts hidden within those strands were something else. So thoughtful and personal, it was such a joy everytime I heard something fall out and I spent quite a lot of time prodding and poking at the ball to try and get an insight as to what might be hiding inside. It was so much fun to knit with and I'm so thankful to Alessandra.


I'm thinking of running another swap as this one was such a success. Maybe to coincide with Valentines day? If you fancy taking part, pop your email in the box below and I'll send out some more details in the next week or so.




1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you liked your ball, it really made me happy! I love the yarn you sent, I made a hat for myself and the kids were so happy to see the chocolate, I had to hide some! LOL

    ReplyDelete