Monday 9 February 2015

Resolutions ::

I know that in theory I'm a month late, but the last couple of years I've decided to start my new year of resolutions, ambitions and plans in February and I'll tell you why. Mostly January is just too depressing, it's long for a start, no one ever has any money, the weather is mostly dreadful and then there's the post Christmas blues. We're also, always so busy over Christmas and new year, that by the time January 1st rolls around, the house is a mess, there are mountains of dirty washing to catch up on and it's just all too difficult to make a 'fresh start' with all the not so freshness.
By starting a fresh in February I can use January to clean and tidy, sort and organise so I'm truly ready for all that hope and anticipation that accompanies the new beginning of the new year.
There are already signs of spring, the daffodils and the hyacinths in my garden are starting to appear through the frozen soil and it's light past 4.30.
It all just works out so much better for me this way.

So here area  few of my resolutions for 2015 ::

  • Fitness :: It's the age old cliche, but I would like to be fitter in 2015. I can't really think too much about 'dieting' at the moment, breastfeeding just makes me much too hungry for all the food. But I am thinking about exercising more, which shouldn't be too difficult! I started running off and on a few years ago, but I've never really been fully committed. However with a little encouragement from the lovely Bex I'm finding it much more rewarding. We've been going 3 times a week for almost 3 weeks now and I'll tell you this, having a running buddy makes the world of difference. I can't just decide not to go, because if I do I'm letting more than just myself down. Plus it's much more fun and more of just a trip out of the house for a bit of a gossip than anything to do with exercise. Bex is already muttering about 'mud runners' and 'race for life's'. I'm not sure about that yet, but we'll see...

  • Organised :: Oh for a life of organised tidiness. I'm never going to be amazingly good at this, it's just not in my nature, but I could certainly have a go at improving. I'm currently giving the house a complete overhaul, it's requiring quite a lot of reshuffling of furniture, but I'm getting there slowly. Reading this book by the tidy obsessed Marie Kondo, seems to be helping. 

  • Documenting :: In lots of ways I'm already quite good at this, but I'd like to be better at documenting our lives. I'd like to get photos printed and to to create photo albums. I got myself a 'One Line a Day' journal and I'm loving filling it in so far, I just hope I can keep it up! I'm also taking part in Xanthe Berkeley's 'Creating Timecapsules' the aim of which is to create a video each month for the whole year. I'm really enjoying it so far.
I think that's it and really that's quite enough anyway, wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment