Wednesday 11 November 2015

Works in Progress :: Neon Shawl ::

Back in June, when I headed off to Blogtacular for the weekend, I was in need of a super simple knitting project. Something I could work on whilst being filled with inspiration at the event and something I could use to entertain myself whilst travelling. I had nothing of the sort already on my needles (promise), so I grabbed this gorgeous skein of Pollyorange yarn and set to knitting.



After a few false starts and a bit of frogging I started work on a super simple garter stitch shawl. It's perfectly simple, easy to work on and yet satisfying to knit, plus the perfect blank canvas to showcase this beautiful yarn.



I am so in love with this project and cannot wait to get it cast off, unfortunately lots of work commitments meant it fell to the back of the queue recently, but a couple of weeks ago Milo and I headed out to see Big Hero 6 at the cinema and once again simple garter stitch was required and so out it came.

I really don't have a lot of yarn left to knit with so I'm hoping I'll get it finished soon, I'd really love to save enough for a pair of socks for Effie too! 

Yarn is Techno Boom sock yarn by Pollyorange
Pattern is my own, but I'll share it once I get the shawl finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment