Tuesday 8 March 2016

Hello ::

I'm sorry, I'm afraid that once again I fell off the blogging wagon, I didn't mean to, it just happened as Christmas approached and the house moving date loomed and time just started to slip away from me at an alarming rate.


If you've been following me on Instagram you'll probably know we've moved into the new house now, though we are far from being finished with the renovation! Life is still kind of crazy whilst we live out of boxes attempting to finish decorating with a house full of possessions and two little ones 'helping' out. I'm gradually getting back into a sort of routine which doesn't involve daily consultations with tradesmen, sanding floors and attempting to paint walls with a baby strapped to my back (these things are still happening just not daily!).


I'm super excited to be getting back to work, crocheting flat out on my sock collection and sending new submissions to magazines left, right and centre.


Effie becomes more demanding by the day in an 'almost two' kind of a way. She's still as wonderfully delicious as ever, parenting her just needs a little more patience as she grows fiercely independent and frustrated at her inability to tell you what she needs. She's settled in at nursery now and is loving it, which gives me two mornings a week to get on with work, which is bliss.


I have lots to share here I just don't always find the time to actually put words and pictures to the page. At the beginning of the year I chose a word to guide me through 2016, I've done this for a few years now, inspired by Susannah Conway and her Unravelling the Year workbook. This year I choose ASPIRE, I want to aspire to be better at all the things in my life, to be less flaky and more organised, more successful and generally a better business owner, but I think it's relevant here too. With that said, I aspire to be a better blogger!

Look out for a catch up on the house renovation, I've kept weekly handwritten logs of our progress, so I hope to share those here in the coming weeks. I also plan to blog lots about crochet techniques and crochet socks as The Crochet Sock Collection nears it's intended publication date and of course I'm sure there will be many posts on family life and a few crafty tutorials.

x

1 comment:

  1. Great word Vicks. Now for some mentoring from your Dad, don’t you just love that!

    Use ASPIRE alongside the short phrase, ‘It is, I am’. Let me explain, if you fervently aspire to ………. Then write yourself a goal in the following format;

    “It is 31st August 2016 and I am standing at the top of Everest, I can feel the cold air on my face, hear the wind whistling and see the surrounding snow capped mountains.”

    Read it daily, best just before you go to sleep. Now we all know it isn’t 31st August 2016 and you’re not standing at the top of Everest, however you are now starting to put your brain into tilt mode, it’s called Gestalt Theory. Your brain will say, it isn’t and you’re not, so let's forget that, but, and here’s the key, having given your brain imagined events to think about (and by the way your subconscious cannot tell the difference between reality and vividly imagined events, which is why you wake up in a sweat after a particularly scary dream, etc.) keep imagining.

    Your brain will do its best to get you to forget the idea, why, because it likes order and calm, it is in essence lazy, so keep reading the goal, keep imagining (screensaver pictures can be a great help) and keep the goal alive. Eventually the brain will say, bugger this she won’t give up on this 31st August, Everest thing but I know it isn’t and she’s not, however I hate tilt mode, so the only thing I can do to restore order is to make it happen. It will immediately set about finding ways to get you up to the top of Everest on or before 31st August.

    Trust me on this Vicks, your subconscious represents about 95% of your thinking, it never sleeps and does not judge, it won’t find a way to say this cannot be done, you and your conscious might but your subconscious, never. It is by far the greatest tool you have at your disposal, yet the vast majority of people, besides not knowing that fact, certainly do not know how to maximise its potential.

    Here endeth your lesson for March – good luck (opportunity and preparedness meeting) - love Dad.

    ReplyDelete