Monday 20 June 2016

The Crochet Sock Collection ::

I cannot tell you how excited I am to announce the release of the crochet sock collection. I started this project 2 and half years ago. Life threw some pretty time consuming stuff at me over those 2 and half years (baby, 2 house moves to mention a few!) so it took a whole lot longer than I imagined, but I'm so so pleased and proud of what I'm putting out into the wild today.


The Crochet Sock Collection is a collection of 6 crochet sock patterns. Here is a little bit of the intro from the book ::

People often seem surprised by the idea of crochet socks. I regularly hear cries of ‘I never thought of crochet socks!’. Of course, you can crochet anything. If you’re a crocheter who frequents the internet I’m sure you’ve seen with your own eyes that just because you can, doesn’t always mean you should! When it comes to socks however you absolutely should.
Having been a sock knitter for many many years, when it came to crochet socks I found it difficult to find any patterns that didn’t look bulky, stiff and uncomfortable. Tempted to try my hand at knitting lacy socks but lacking the confidence, I turned to my trusty crochet stitches and a new love was born. You really can make crochet socks that are comfortable, beautiful and practical.
I won’t lie to you, crochet does not have the same stretch and flexibility as knitting does, but by utilising the stretch it does have and finding the right stitches, crochet socks are very much a possibility.
In this collection are six designs that all have different techniques, different stitches and varying heel and toe constructions. These are socks that are designed to work, be loved and be put through their paces!







I am so in love with this collection, the second my lovely photographer (Kasia Fiszer) had finished her work I started wearing them all on constant rotation.

I'll talk about each pattern a bit more through the week, but in the meantime you can purchase the Ebook over on ravelry where you'll find a little more info on each of the individual patterns. If you'd rather have an 'in your hands copy' you can buy a print copy over on etsy, this is currently preorder and will be shipping at the beginning of next week, but I'll send you over a PDF copy in the meantime.

I'll be running a crochet-a-long for anyone who wants to join in and crochet themselves some socks from the collection. I've set up a facebook group here, but we'll also be playing along on Instagram if that's your thing (#thecrochetsockcal). I'll post more details for the cal in the week, but I thought we could start officially on Friday 25th, though you can start whenever you like of course.

Thanks so much to everyone who has help with this project and spurred me on to the finish line.

1 comment: