Thursday 23 February 2012

my boy the knitter ::

seriously my heart nearly exploded when one morning last week, not long after breakfast, my little boy asked "shall we do knitting mum?", oh go on then if you insist!

Spent ages building milo a train track, he just wants to do knitting!

Now it happens all the time, at least once a day he stumbles away from his current playtime toys and declares "I just want to do some knitting", throughout my own knitting/crochet I am asked, "what you making mum, is a present for me?" and he will sit quietly and for long stretches of time with ball of yarn and needles in hand, he loves to browse through my stash carefully choosing which colours to use today and his imagination is endless, he has so far declared to be knitting, a fairy godmother, an imaginex toy and noddy, to name just a few. He sure is a talented one my boy.


Knitting with the boy, his colour choices!

Of course he's not yet 3, he can't actually knit, he has no interest in learning, if I try and guide him or dare to cast some stitches on for him, he gets frustrated, he just sits there with his ball of yarn, his needles and carefully weaves one needle in and out of the yarn ball (leaving said yarn ball in quite a knotty state if I'm honest), but nothing gives me as much pleasure these days as sitting on the sofa, knitting/crochet in hand, boy beside me, 'knitting' a present for one of his friends.

7 comments:

  1. Ah bless his wee cotton socks :D My wee man is the same with my crochet, or hookie work, as we call it. He will choose a hook and get some pre-made hookie work and sit with them pushing the hook in and out. The last thing he was 'hookie working' was "some hair for grandad".....his words, not mine.....hahaha Ya gotta love em! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, brilliant, 'out of the mouths of babes' and all that!

      Delete
  2. My little man is about to be 7 and he decided a while back that he want to learn to " croshet" as he loves to call it. Hubby corrects him everytime but I think it's cute. Yes at times it almost woulda like a bad word but who cares. And so we crawl up on the couch or recliner together, get our hooks and away we croshet. Gotta love those Lille men in our lives. One day maybe they can teach their wives and kids to knit/crochet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my that is a delightful thought, that and crochet/knitting items for their own babies, just imagine!

      Delete
  3. This is so, so lovely... bless you Milo! I dream of moments like this with Enzo :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure they won't be that far off, time sure flies when you're tending a young one! Thank you x

      Delete
  4. Aw, it's so cute! Some day maybe you'll be knitting buddies. Sweet photos! :)

    ReplyDelete