Wednesday 7 November 2012

WIP Wednesday :: Woolly Wormhead's Mystery KAL ::

Last week saw the start of Woolly Wormhead's mystery knit along.

I've never taken part in a KAL before, let alone a mystery KAL and although I've admired them from afar, I've also never knitted a Woolly Wormhead hat.  On top of all these other firsts, this will also be the first hat I've knit for myself.  I've knitted plenty of hats, for babes and toddlers and grown ups alike, but never one for me.  Which makes this project all the more exciting.

Of course I could have knitted from my stash, I almost certainly should have done, but well, I didn't want to, nothing was catching my eye, so I headed to my local yarn store for some inspiration.  I came home with this delicious alpaca yarn, in a heathery purple.



In case you're taking part, or thinking of doing so, pictures of my progress so far are below the break.

If you want to take part the pattern is available here.






And so this is where I am up to, part 1 of 3, the brim, I've still got a fair way to go yet, and I really want to stay on track.  I will not be able to prevent myself from taking a peek at the spoiler thread on ravelry so at least if I'm on track I won't ruin too much of the surprise for myself!  I'm really excited about what will come next.


No comments:

Post a Comment