Wednesday 27 February 2013

Not So Granny : Crochet A Long ::

After having so much fun on the Woolly Wormhead mystery knit-a-long at the end of last year, when I saw Joanne Scrace of Not So Granny was doing a crochet-a-long for her new space inspired pattern collection for Malabrigo yarns, decided to jump on in.

Granted I barely have time to sleep amongst the mountains of work and masses of work based crochet I am already doing, but well...I wanted to do it...so there!


I've chosen to take on Galactica, I would have loved to have time to make Neptune, but it's just not feasible. I don't mind too much though, I'm a big shawl/shawlette/scarf fan (as you can tell by my wardrobe) and I love the look of this stitch.


I was going to use this as an excuse to make a new yarn purchase, but my conscience got the better of me and I decided to have a look in my stash. Just after Christmas I purchased a few bargain skeins of one of my favourite Rowan 'cashsoft' in mustard yellow (sunny) and blue (lake), so with fingers crossed I have enough to see me through I'm using these.

Cannot wait to get started.


If you fancy joining in you can find Joanne's Ravelry group here and details of the CAL itself here (including a little discount incentive) there are also lots of fabulous prizes up for grabs, including the gorgeous shawl pin by NovaSteel (if you have a love of scarfs/shawls as big as mine, you should definitely check out her shop).

No comments:

Post a Comment