Wednesday 10 April 2013

Simply Crochet Issue 4 ::

I have had my first design published in Simply Crochet this month, this new magazine comes from the same publisher as Mollie Makes, Simply Knitting, The Simple Things as well as many others and is as beautifully put together as you would expect if you've ever come across any of their other publications.

 I think it's particularly good for newbies or those with less experience (or just the impatient among us) as it's a great source for simple, quick projects and bursting with ideas and inspiration.

My first design (though not my last) for them is this simple tunisian purse, designed especially for their 'What is...' section which introduces a new technique each month.  I love tunisian crochet and this purse is a perfect introduction to it.


If you haven't come across tunisian crochet before, hunt down this issue for some great instructions on how to get started.

You should also check out the super talented Amy Depew who designs the most amazing tunisian crochet patterns.
My absolute favourite tunisian crochet project is this one of hers, which appeared in Inside Crochet issue 33 :

No comments:

Post a Comment