Thursday 18 June 2015

Little Bento Project Bags :: How to ::

Super quick and easy, bento style, project bags.


Back in the spring my sewing machine and I reacquainted ourselves and it was oh so good. I had grand plans of making myself a whole summer wardrobe, not to mention all manner of baby attire for Miss Effie. However, work and life, as is often the case, soon had other ideas and my sewing machine has been sat in the corner of my dining room gathering dust ever since then.
One of the things I managed to sew back in April was a really simple folded bag, which I love so much it has become my daily use bag. This bag is so easy to make, it takes so little time, but is so versatile and I love it so much.


As this years Knit Girllls, Stash Dash is currently in full swing, I've been pulling unfinished knitting and crochet projects out from all over the house and what I really needed were a couple of these bags in a slightly smaller incarnation. So, I dusted off the sewing machine and the iron (it's only outing is generally for sewing or weddings) and quickly stitched up just that.


Hillary's sent me some of their gorgeous daisy pistachio fabric to take part in their crafting competition, so I decided this would perfect for these little bags.

These are great little project bags for small knitting projects. Perfect for baby sized items or socks for instance. The handles on the top are knotted together to seal, so need to worry about zips getting too close to your precious knitting either. Read on if you fancy making some of your own.



Ingredients ::
  • Piece of fabric cut to 73 x 27cm 
  • Sewing thread
  • Pins

Method ::

Hem your piece of fabric all the way around, to do this fold over 1cm, press, fold over again, press repeat on each side. Then top stitch all the way around.


Fold the fabric as pictured above, with right sides together.


Then fold side A over to side B as pictured above, pining together. Flip the bag over and repeat on the other side. Stitch each seam together.
Turn bag in the right way and you're done. See I told you it was easy!



To mix it up a bit, add a pocket on the side or a panel to the bottom. Fill with your knitting projects and tie to fasten.

5 comments: