Tuesday 3 November 2015

Design Wars : 1 Skien Cowl ::

I'm taking part in another round of the Design Wars Challenge, this week I'm up against Design Wars founder Salena Baca and our theme was '1 Skien Cowl', we both used Red Heart Yarns Boutique Unforgettable.


I really love this yarn, despite being 100% acrylic it's so soft, it almost feels as though it has a silk content, but it was the colours that really won me over.


My design is a cowl that uses front post treble stitches to create a stretchy ribbed edge, and filet crochet techniques to create a circle pattern on the main body of the cowl. It's snuggly and cosy and oh so soft next to skin.



I was lucky enough to have a model in the shape of my gorgeous niece too, which makes a change from me trying to direct Johnny to take photos of me!


Salena's cowl uses a gorgeous open lacework stitch which really shows off the yarn.


The patterns will be available from Thursday but in the meantime you can cast the vote for your favourites over here.
And find the ravelry listings here (mine) and here (Salena's).

1 comment:

  1. I have used this yarn too and also LOVE it!!!
    I usually am not a fan of 100% acrylic but THIS... you gotta love it :-)
    Your work is Beautiful!
    Danette

    ReplyDelete