Thursday 15 May 2014

Crochet Granny Bunting :: A Pattern ::


Many moons ago I wrote my first ever crochet pattern, a series of simple crochet triangles strung together to create some bunting.  The original bunting still hangs in my garden, looking much more 'antique' than it did back then, in all it's faded glory, but I still love it and admire it everytime I head outside.  We're currently having a bit of shuffle about in our house, swapping rooms around, freshening things up and doing a little redecorating.  As I headed out the door to Craft Night on Wednesday with literally nothing on my knitting needles to take along, I grabbed a handful of blue yarns and decided to whip up a string of bunting for Milo's new bedroom makeover. At that moment he was adamant he wanted a blue bedroom, though this has since changed, of course.


This pattern is so quick and simple, I made the entire length of bunting here over the space of 2.5 hours whilst chatting with friends and consuming cake.

If you fancy having a go at making your own version you can head on over to the original post to see the pattern.  For this version I made each triangle in a single colour, but I was so undecided! I really love the original with lots of different colours, maybe I could make some more for the baby, before she can dictate colour choices for me!

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous pattern Vicki. We're doing a yarnbombing project in Malvern in July using crochet and knitted bunting. Would you mind if I printed out your pattern to give to participants? We'd credit you of course. You can find out more about our group at www.facebook.com/yarnbombgreatmalvern
    Thanks,
    Jo (SakuraBlythe)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! Sounds like a fun project. Will keep an eye out for pics :) good luck with it x

      Delete